The Outreach program provides therapy supports to children one to five years of age in licensed child care programs and approved family day homes. Children attending kindergarten are not eligible for this program. The program supports children in meeting their developmental goals while promoting active participation within the childcare setting. The program is funded by Calgary and Area Child and Family Services and is provided at no cost.
Services available in:
- Licensed child care programs
- Approved family day homes
Available supports include:
- Speech and language therapy (expressive and receptive language, articulation, stuttering, social language)
- Occupational therapy (fine motor skills, sensory concerns, organization).
- Physical therapy (safety, accessibility, gross motor skills)
Therapy sessions may include the child and any of the following:
- Therapy assistant
- Child care provider
- Child’s typically developing peers
- Child’s guardians (who are welcome to attend sessions as they are able)
This approach provides child care professionals with training and information to support the needs of the individual child while building capacity in the child care facility and benefitting all children in the child care setting.
What to expect:
- Child will receive up to 12 sessions per treatment block, at the discretion of the therapist
- Sessions run 45 minutes every one to two weeks, at the discretion of the therapist
- Children may access more than one treatment block, at the discretion of the therapist
- After each session, parents and childcare providers will receive email updates from therapists.
- Strategies and materials will be provided to parents/childcare program staff for use at home and in the child care setting.