The Rotary Club of Calgary South Invests in Children With Disabilities
The Rotary Club of Calgary South has donated over $250,000 in the past twelve years to help preschool children with disabilities.
Through generous annual donations, their members have:
- helped non-verbal children say hi to their friends or ask their teacher for help through their purchase of communication devices
- helped build a pediatric medical clinic in the Windsor Park School facility
- opened up a whole world of opportunity for children with disabilities to explore their community with the wheelchair accessible bus purchased by Rotary South
- increased the number of children with disabilities attending specialized preschool right in their own community through their sponsorship of a new classroom at the Providence Midnapore School
- helped engage the children in circle time by supplying each of our 24 classrooms with an education station, giving teachers and therapists everything they need at their fingertips
- enhanced the children’s physical well-being through the purchase of highly specialized equipment
- enabling the children to have fun playing without realizing it is physiotherapy to develop gross motor skills
- encouraged children to develop strong literacy skills on the iPads they purchased that were loaded with preschool educational programs
- given children a safe place to build fundamental, social and movement skills when they paid for the playground at the Providence McKenzie Towne School
Rotary’s ongoing support year after year makes little miracles happen at Providence.