Mission, Vision & Values
To enhance the health and development of children and their families.
We believe that every child deserves a chance to reach for and achieve their full potential. Working with the child, family and community, Providence provides the opportunity to build foundations that will last a lifetime.
- We are dedicated to excellence in all our programs relating to the child, the family and the community.
- We believe that children deserve a joyful, supportive, respectful and secure environment that stimulates exploration, learning and growth in all areas of development.
- We know that learning is driven by the child’s curiosity and individual readiness, so our task is to provide age-appropriate and developmentally-appropriate opportunities and expectations for each child.
- We believe that every opportunity should be taken to prevent or ameliorate disabling conditions in children, including early interventions that can make a life-long difference.
- We believe in ensuring that the community at large is sensitive to, and supportive of, the developmental needs of children with diverse abilities and backgrounds.
- We believe in providing inclusive, integrated and normalized environments so that children with disabilities have the same opportunities and experiences as are available to their normally-developing peers.
- We want every child we come in contact with to develop attitudes and competencies that will enrich their lives.
- We believe in the primary role of the family in the child’s life, and are therefore accountable to the family and we welcome family involvement in all aspects of our programs.
- We value research in child and family development by providing opportunities for research in our Centre and by basing our programs on established knowledge.
- We believe that quality services are founded on valued, highly professional staff, and we commit to the support and further development of our own staff and those in related agencies.
- We strive to be leaders in our field through innovation, systematic planning, evaluation and resource provision.